The art and science of rehabilitation for the shoulder, elbow, wrist, & hand
A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) provides care for patients with a variety of upper extremity disorders and injuries. These disorders and injuries can include but not limited to:
- Osteoarthritis and/or Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pre & Post-surgical intervention
- Overuse injuries & prevention
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), previously called RSD.
- Crush injuries
- Ligament & Tendon injuries and repairs.
- Joint Replacements
- Peripheral nerve disorders
A CHT is an occupational therapist or physical therapist who, through advanced study and experience, specializes in treating individuals with conditions affecting the hands and upper extremity.